Below is the schedule we intended. That is on hold at the moment. To register for a course, follow the link at the bottom of the page and choose New Certification or Re-Certification. That will allow us to build a list so that we have contact info for online learning and setting up a course as soon as it’s safe to do so.
Pool Personnel offers first time lifeguard training as well as re-certification through the Red Cross. Our 2020 Pre-Memorial Day Training Schedule is as follows:
|Full Certficication #1||4/25 and 4/26||9 a.m. to 6 p.m.||Mohican Pool|
|Recertification #1||4/25||9 a.m. to noon||Mohican Pool|
|Full Certficication #2||5/9 and 5/10||9 a.m. to 6 p.m.||Willows Pool|
|Recertification #2||5/13||5 p.m. to 8 p.m.||Old Georgetown Club|
Course fees for Pool Personnel employees are $185 for full certification, and $135 for re-certification. Certification in Lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid and AED is good for two years. Non Pool Personnel employees pay an additional $50 for certification. Payment is due prior to the first class by check made payable to the instructor. Payment may also be made by credit card in advance of the course. If registrants elect to pay by credit, you will receive an invoice via email through QuickBooks. Course fees are not refundable within 72 hours of the scheduled start time of the course.
As the Red Cross and other lifeguard training providers have changed certification to be valid for two years, it is always a good idea to check your certifications to make sure they are current. For almost all providers, the following basics are required:
- Swim 300 yards continuously.
- all participants be at least 15 years old by the beginning of the course.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7 – 10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all saves.
- Pass written and practical tests for lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid and AED.
For those seeking certification at a different time, below is a list of links to area providers. If you find somewhere else to get certified, please be sure to check with us to make sure the certification is accepted by Montgomery County.
- Champion Swim Club (Quince Orchard)
- Ursus Lifesavers and Aquatics
- City of Rockville (OFFERING A COURSE OVER MCPS SPRING BREAK)
- Montgomery County, MD
- City of Gaithersburg
- Aquatic Training Services
Pool Operator Courses: Pool Personnel does not offer courses taught by us at this time. However, we do offer a list of available courses. This is not a complete list and you may be able to find other courses.