Pool Personnel is pleased to offer first time lifeguard training through the Red Cross for those who are interested in joining our team for the second half of the summer.
Course fees for Pool Personnel employees are $215 for full certification. Certification in Lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid and AED is good for two years. Payment is due prior to the first class by check made payable to the instructor, Eleanor Jimenez.
In order for these mid-summer courses to take place, we must have a minimum of 4 participants within 48 hours of the scheduled start time.
Courses run from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day and will be held at the Willows of Potomac Swim Club. The Willows is located at 10015 Bald Cypress Drive, Rockville, 20850. Participants should bring a bathing suit, towels, change of clothes, and lunch/snacks.
Please contact email@example.com or Eleanorj@comcast.net with any questions.
- Swim 300 yards continuously.
- all participants be at least 15 years old by the beginning of the course.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7 – 10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all saves.
- Pass written and practical tests for lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid and AED.